I read several posts last December for predictions in 2020. Some funny. Some truthful. Some wrong. So I thought I’ll give it a go.
- The first direct link between a cyber attack and a human fatality — Either a hospitals ICU will get breached or state sponsored attackers targeting local infrastructure
- The Olympics will go ahead and France will be 3rd in the medals table — Significant finances loses and minimal crowds allowed
- Trade wars will increase and evolve with public involvement — Citizens will get behind their local government and boycott countries who impose tariff
- Global suicide rates will increase dramatically after the economic and mental health impact from 2020 — Mainly within health workers with new legislations brought in to protect their workload
- Weapons testing will escalate into new territory. Countries will showcase their capability in regular displays, media releases and joint practices with allies. A new war will happen by 2025.
- Tottenham Hotspur will win the EPL (Hopeful)
- Climate change will dominate headlines with protests, countries signing up to new agreements, and demonstrating their zero emissions targets
- Prince Phillip will pass
- Cryptocurrency will crash in Easter then rise to new heights in Early December
- Finally, Governments will build upon the 2020 COVID location tracking technology and slowly develop a greater big brother premise. Protests will erupt to stop this but support will back our data being monitored by elected officials in return for greater security, health and economic benefits.